April Jackson - Miss Jamaica

April Jackson


Age: 19
Height: 6'0"
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

What are your interests and what do you enjoy doing the most?
I am interested in learning about different countries, their people and their culture; hence I love traveling. Cooking gives me great pleasure; food brings families and friends together, it allows me to be creative and experiment with new recipes. When I visit other countries I am always keen to learn new things about their foods and how they are prepared.


What is your career ambition?
I hope to enter the financial and legal industries by becoming an investment banker and lawyer. In addition, after being successful in both areas I will take over my father’s company; Swift Cash Money Transfer.

 


What is your proudest personal accomplishment?
Without a doubt my proudest personal accomplishment to date would have to be my high school graduation. Just the thought of it still puts a smile on my face. I graduated Valedictorian and I earned countless numbers of awards; two of the most important being the Hillel Award which is given to the person who best represents the school in all aspects of school life and the Principal’s Award for highest academic average. I was so proud and overwhelmed with joy.


What is something unique that has happened to you; some interesting thing about you?
The most unique thing that has happened to me is when I came home and was told by the house-keeper that my mother had left the family and the country permanently. Dealing with this is an example of my ability to overcome life's obstacles and persevere to strive for excellence. I think this makes me an ideal candidate for Miss Universe and the perfect role model for today’s young people.


What do you want the judges to know about you?
I am down to earth and I firmly believe that it is important to work towards achieving one’s aspirations but at the same time remaining true to oneself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts