Yvette Nsiah - Miss Ghana

Yvette Nsiah


Age: 21
Height: 5'7"
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

What are your interests and what do you enjoy doing the most?
More than anything, I enjoy singing and writing music. Music is the world's greatest communicator and some of the most powerful messages come to us in the form of a song. With every lyric and melody I write I hope to inspire people to be the best that they can be. I love working with children and adolescents in discovering who they are and gaining self confidence and efficacy. I believe that it is important for children, because they are at their most impressionable stage. I also enjoy experimenting with the artistry of fashion, through matching bright colors and accessories, and through this I am able to express myself, and improve my mood.


What is your career ambition?
My ambition is to pursue a career as a major recording and performing artist in both music and film. I also have my sights on a career as an entrepreneur in the entertainment industry. I honestly believe that my purpose in life is to be an entertainer. It is when I feel the happiest and most relaxed. Therefore to reach my goal of enjoying my career and life, I must combine both my ambition and talent to bring out the best in me.
What is your proudest personal accomplishment?


When I joined the AIDS Awareness Campaign in my school, I expected to gain a wonderful opportunity to help others through art. However, what I gained was a true understanding of charity by accepting the responsibility of helping others. I first joined the program as a performer, but when the opportunity arose, I ended up leading the group. I managed to choreograph interpretive dance routines, representing the plight of African youth as a result of the AIDS epidemic. And to help the efforts of our benefit, I also coordinated fundraising efforts, such as fun fairs and bake sales, to gain the funds necessary to afford costumes and equipment. At the end of it all I was given a special award and thanks for stepping up and taking responsibility the way that I did. And most importantly we managed to raise thousands of dollars in support for women and children in Ghana infected and affected by H.I.V and A.I.D.S.


What is something unique that has happened to you; some interesting thing about you?
On the road to entering this pageant there were many obstacles that could have killed my dream. My parents were not in full support when I first decided to embark on this journey, because I am a student and they could not see the value of such an experience. But I continued hoping, praying and working hard, and eventually all the obstacles began to virtually disappear. I had to fly to Ghana from New York to compete in the Miss Universe Ghana competition. I then returned immediately to celebrate my victory and birthday by studying for finals that I had the week after. And somehow I managed to pass the semester with flying colors. I was determined to succeed regardless of the obstacles. Today, my parents are my number one fans.


What do you want the judges to know about you?
What a Pageant means to me. Through this pageant I have been able to represent hope for my country and an entire nation, that lives on hope. For others it may be social or personal, but for me it is really an honor, and I hope to inspire many young women in Africa to be the best they can be, and to most importantly believe in themselves. I thank God for the opportunity to be one of seven extremely privileged young African women, chosen to be role models for millions of African girls across 56 nations. And it is my responsibility to be the best role model that I can possibly be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts