Katie Marie Rishardson - Miss Australia

|

Katie Marie Rishardson


My name is Katie Richardson. I grew up in a small town just out side Sydney called Albion Park. This area has a combination of rural and costal living and is a friendly close knit community.

lecture in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology, more over to become a TV Dietician and utilise my TV & presenting skills I have already gained from a wide variety of jobs, ranging from radio announcer to being the Face of a Race Course. I enjoy all forms of dance, music and exercise, stage productions, public speaking, and traditional aboriginal dance. My favourite food is Asian cuisine.

My personal motto is “Decide every morning to be happy and choose to have a great day”

I have had a very happy & enjoyable life. It definitely has not always been easy, but I have always been taught that what you put into life is what you will get out. I come from a family of four: Mum - Joanne, Dad - Peter, and my older Brother - Luke. My brother and I are very opposite in our ways but have always been involved with each others lives. When we were young, I was the annoying sister, who would try to play with Luke & his friends. My direct family has a very close relationship with our grandparents, and my mum has always welcomed & encouraged everyone to our home. My parents & grandparents are all hardworking, positive people, and have been (and still are) role models for me.

I am not very good at saving money - I would rather spend it on travelling or to share experiences with friends/family. I started travelling overseas when I was ten, we went on a family holiday to Hong Kong. Since then, I have been fortunate enough to backpack other areas of Asia with my family &/or Friends. I have had a lifelong friend, who is almost a sister to me, we have spent many hours of many days together and have never crossed words. I have three other very close friends, from different parts of my life, and I prefer to have a few close friends that I can invest my time, rather than many distant friends.

I have always enjoyed being busy, involved with many activities/sports/dance, I have always liked studying (especially Human Science), I enjoy spending time with people, and like to help others. This years experience as Miss World Australia has been truly remarkable. I have had the opportunity to be heavily involved with helping various charities, and spending time with some amazing children/adults. I am really appreciative and thankful for the experiences I have had, the Miss World organisation has allowed me to grow as a person into a mature young woman.

If you were stranded on a desert island what one item could you not be without?
A Swiss Army Knife.

Who do you admire most in the world?
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (Mahatma Gandhi) I admire his strength, courage, determination and peaceful, positive attitude. I am totally amazed at how he continued to fight for his beliefs, make endless sacrifices, and passively struggle to benefit the minority - Satyagraha (truth & firmness). He was a remarkable individual.

What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
I travelled to Thredbo Snow Fields with my local radio station, and we did a live broadcast from there. It was proposed that two of the announcers should run in the snow for charity, whilst the third announcer stays on air & commentates. I was one of the runners - and we had to run a few kilometres, make a snow angel, and run back (wearing only shorts & a singlet!) It was all for a good cause.

In your mind, what is your greatest achievement?
Achieving my High School Leaving Certificate marks (which determines your entry into University). I had tried really hard at school over the 13 years, and it was difficult to be accepted into the University course I wanted to do - Bachelor of Nutrition & Dietetics. I was preparing to make it into a Bachelor of Nutrition (which was a lower mark) and then maintain good grades at University with the hope of transferring into the Dietetics program. To my surprise, I received high enough marks to be automatically accepted into Dietetics. I was very excited, as my hard work had paid off, and I had exceeded all expectations of myself. My goals when I am a Dietician are to offer knowledge & motivation to people suffering from chronic illness, rehabilitate individuals who have suffered from lifestyle related illnesses, students interested in this field, and research into areas we are not currently aware of, for example, the relationship between Autism & Diet.

If you could travel back in time when and where would you travel?
I have had many great experiences that stand out in my mind when I reflect...but I don\'t think I would ever choose to go back. I believe we should live in the present, and not the past. I am really happy, and I am travelling to South Africa to compete for the honour of Miss World - so I would be crazy to go back in time now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts