Elisa Najera - Miss Mexico

Elisa Najera

 


Age: 21
Height: 6'0"
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

What are your interests and what do you enjoy doing the most?
I'm always interested in exploring, developing skills and participating in activities where I can feel useful helping others. My passion is dancing; I feel it is a different way to express myself. In the future I would love to open a school and share my time and experience giving dance lessons, especially to kids. I believe in sharing what is loved the most, that's how I give my best. Another passion I have is cooking. It is an area where I can explore my creativity and combine it with what I have learned during my studies on food chemistry. I have also taken some gastronomy courses and I would like to study more about the subject. I specialize in desserts, but oriental food is my favorite. What I enjoy doing the most is traveling and learning from all cultures and ways of life. I have traveled mostly to the United States and within my country, which is incredible because there is too much to admire, but I dream of seeing the rest of the world.


What is your career ambition?
To finish my studies in Engineering in Food Industries. I want to create my own business in this area with my family. I‘m fortunate to have my mom who is a chef, and shares my dream of combining our knowledge; her‘s in gastronomy and mine in food chemistry, in order to create new and interesting products to sell in our own restaurants. I think there is a big challenge in the food industry; we have to start thinking in ways to make nutritious, economic and delicious food instead of the unhealthy, and over processed food that we are used to eating nowadays.

 
What is your proudest personal accomplishment?
One of my proudest accomplishments has been representing my city and my state in national dance competitions; my group won third place. I’m also very proud of when I helped organize major events in my school, such as conferences. The most important one was a chemistry symposium in which I was in charge of the communications and social area. It was a nationally recognized event that promoted the interest in technology and science, with internationally recognized speakers and thousands of participants.


What is something unique that has happened to you; some interesting thing about you?
During my experience as Miss Mexico, I have had the opportunity to assist in some personal development courses. A very interesting one is called “the power journey” and it takes place in Teotihuacan pyramids, an amazing and historical place where our first ancestors lived, the Toltecs. It is said that this place is charged with energy that’s why they do it in there so you can receive it. Since the first moment we got there, there was a woman that captured my attention. She was about 50 years old and had a very sad look. Someone let me now that she had cancer and she only had a one month to live. During the course we went inside the pyramids so we could get in contact with some spirits; for me it was hard to believe in that, but the instructor told me that I should try it. I tried to focus and I just sat waiting for anything. After one hour I started feeling cold and I started to hear a women’s voice; she was trying to say something which I had to be open to receive in order to be reborn, and in that moment I freaked out; I didn’t understand it. After living through that, every person talked about their experience and the woman with cancer told us that she heard a woman‘s voice just like the one I heard saying that I had to be willing to be reborn. I was surprised about that. Someone else heard what I thought had been just a dream. The instructor told us that maybe that had meaning related to her illness and he knew a possible way to relieve her. We got together and simulated a human tunnel so she could pass across it. When she got out of it, everybody was crying and there was something new in her eyes. Time passed, the course finished and I didn’t understand yet what had happened there. A month ago I got the news that she had no signs of cancer. I believe she was reborn and that it was because she mentally decided to do it and also because all of us gave her life with our energy. It sounds weird but I understood how powerful our minds can be.


What do you want the judges to know about you?
I am willing to learn and work hard and I‘m never afraid of change. I truly believe that success is for those who dare.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts