Marianne Cruz - Miss Dominican Republic

Marianne Cruz

 


Age: 23
Height: 5'11"
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

What are your interests and what do you enjoy doing the most?
My interests vary from the professional to sharing with my family and friends every spare time I get. As any good “dominicana” does, I enjoy going to the beach, to the mountains and dancing our world famous meringue. I do modeling as a part-time job to supplement my income. However, I have a high regard for my volunteer work, which is a practice I have done since I was 15 years old and it is the endeavor that fulfills me the most.


What is your career ambition?
Like my compatriot, Oscar De La Renta, I would like to become a world class fashion designer.


What is your proudest personal accomplishment?
To have managed a diverse and multi functional career while also pursuing my education. During the last four years I have been a college student, I have worked as one of the most solicited models of my country, as well as held many different jobs to help support my family.


What is something unique that has happened to you; some interesting thing about you?
At age 17, I took a seven day mountain trip to Pico Duarte, the highest peak in the Caribbean Islands estimated at 3,087 meters (10,094 ft.) above sea level. The journey was a strenuous experience. It required not only physical stamina but emotional fortitude as well. Once I arrived at the top I found the contact with nature and the presence of God was sublime. I can sincerely say, you don’t climb Pico Duarte with the power of your body. You reach it with the strength of your mind and your heart.


What do you want the judges to know about you?
I wish for the judges to see “mis ganas” which can only be translated as “my willingness”. Participating in this pageant is a dream come true ever since childhood and for which I have trained in mind, body and spirit which is a metaphor for the way I approach life. I would like the judges to know that I am a contestant of this century because I am a woman of this century. A woman who is concerned with the problems of our society and focused on achieving her goals.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts