Tamara Almeida Silva - Miss Brazil

|

Tamara Almeida Silva


My name is Tamara Almeida Silva. I grew up in Ipatinga in the state of Minas Gerais, although the area has one of the largest steel complexes in Brazil its main park has over 12,000 trees, making it very green.

I commenced my studies in Law at the age of just 17, and am now in my 5th year, my ambition is to become a Judge. Sports and leisure interests are: diving; swimming; cycling; boxing; yoga; martial arts; volleyball; boating (I am addicted to sports); classical ballet and jazz (6 years); flamenco dance; travel; music; reading; going to the theatre and the movies; and I have learnt a little Chinese. Favorite food is Japanese. Q. Who do you admire most in the world?
A. Brazilian writer Carlos Drummond. His writing is very clever and it takes a lot of sensitivity to understand his words. He once said, `I have two hands and all the thoughts in the world`, which I interpreted as, we have no limits when it comes to having ideas, dreams, all kinds of thoughts, and we are two hands to work hard to achieve them. I've read all his books more than once, and I keep on learning a great deal from this man.

Q. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
A. I once visited the Temple of Tigers in Thailand and spent some time playing with a white tiger, just as if it was a dog! The monks there claimed that those wild animals were controlled through their thoughts. Wasn't I crazy to believe it?? But nothing bad happened to me, the white tiger I played with was very sociable! Q. In your mind, what is your greatest achievement?
A. I left my parents' home when I was just 17 to live in a bigger city and then abroad, working as a model. It was difficult, I had to learn different languages, including English and even some Chinese, I had to deal with a variety of situations and I had to find my place under the sun in such a competitive career, which is modeling. I am proud to say that I've succeeded and learned a lot from such experiences.

Q. If you could travel back in time when and where would you travel?
A. If I had this opportunity I would go back to April 2008, when my grandfather passed away. I was on the other side of the world working and I learned about his death, and I felt really sad. My grandfather was a person I loved and admired, and I would give anything to be able to spend some more time with him, or at least, to give him a last hug and say how much I loved him.

Q. What is your favorite movie?
A. Gladiator

Q. Who is your favorite band?
A. Coldplay

Q. Tell us about your life?
A. I am not that old, but I feel like at 23 I've already lived many lives. I come from a traditional family, I was always very active, practicing all kinds of sports and dancing. I've visited more than 10 countries, lived abroad for over three years, I did stuff from surfing in Thailand to eating grasshoppers in China! I am a Law student. I have two sisters who I adore (I am the oldest), I spend my free time reading or going out with good friends. I was crowned Miss Brazil on my third attempt, because I am the kind of person who never gives up. I promote environment protection because I want my kids to live on a healthy planet. I am the first Miss Brazil to work so extensively on such an important issue. Recently I was hired as the weather bird of one of Brazil's main night news telecasts, and I am expected to debut in December, that is if I am not crowned Miss World. Of course I hope I won't debut until next year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts